The Flu vaccine is recommended for everyone, ages 6 months and older (unless there is a contraindication).
Desert Ridge Family Physicians is offering Walk-In Flu Vaccine Clinics. You do not need to make an appointment, nor will you need to see a physician. (you must be a patient at DRFP to participate)
Walk-In Flu Vaccine Clinic:
Dates: Wednesday and Thursday, Nov 1 and 2
Location: Desert Ridge Family Physicians, 20940 N Tatum Blvd, Suite 380, Phoenix, AZ 85050
Please remain at home if any of the following applies to you:
• You are currently experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, congestion, shortness of breath, diarrhea or loss of taste or smell or
• You have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days or have had close contact with anyone currently diagnosed with COVID-19 or who is awaiting test results
Please note, this is a FLU VACCINE ONLY clinic. If you have other matters to discuss with your physician or MA (such as completion of forms, lab draws, other vaccines, medication refills or medical questions) please schedule a separate, dedicated visit to address these issues. Thank you for your cooperation as it helps us to provide a speedy and efficient Walk-in Flu Vaccine Clinic.
What is ’The Flu’?:
• A respiratory virus called Influenza, which causes fever, sore throat, cough, muscle aches and pneumonia
Can I get ‘The Flu’ from a Flu vaccine?
When is the best time to get a Flu vaccine?
Who cannot get the Flu shot?
• People who have had a severe allergic reaction to any Flu vaccine in the past
• People with a severe egg allergy
• Children younger than 6 months
• People who currently have a moderate or severe respiratory illness (with or without fever)
Why isn’t the high-dose Flu shot (for seniors) offered at DRFP?
•Any Flu vaccine reduces your risk of illness, hospitalization and death from influenza. Limited data suggests the high dose formulation is slightly better at preventing infection than the standard dose, although there was no difference in rates of hospitalization. Those who received the high-dose vaccine were more likely to develop side effects after getting the vaccine (including headache, soreness at the injection site, muscle aches and fatigue). The high dose vaccine is offered at local pharmacies.
Will the FluMist (nasal spray) be offered this season?
• No, DRFP will not offer the FluMist this season
Will I have to delay my COVID booster if I get the Flu shot now?
What is the cost?
• Typically covered by insurance without co-share
• Without insurance, the cost is $62, $44 if paid at the time of visit
*CHILDREN AGES 6 months – 8 years who have not previously received 2 or more Flu vaccines in their lifetime, need to return in one month for the booster.